Coronavirus Precautions- COVID19 – Updated 03/22/20 8:34PM
At New England Retina Consultants, we are committed to ensuring our patients’ health by minimizing the risk of exposure to coronavirus. Our office remains open weekdays to serve patients with urgent retinal conditions.
Our office has implemented the following policies:
– At check-in, patients are asked if they have had contact with an ill person, if they themselves have been been ill, or if they have traveled abroad in the past 14 days. Patients who answer yes to any of these questions will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
– All patients will have their temperature checked by a staff member before intake. Anyone with a fever will be rescheduled.
– Anyone accompanying a patient will be told to return to their car and wait until a staff member calls them after the patient’s appointment is over. However, if there is a language barrier, or if the patient has cognitive or ambulatory difficulty, then a family member will be allowed to accompany the patient.
– Chairs have been reorganized to provide at least six feet of distance between individuals in the reception area.
– Patients should refrain from talking in the office unless discussing their eye condition with a staff member. Small talk and social discussions will not be permitted.
– All equipment and examinations rooms will be sanitized between each patient encounter.
– Non-urgent follow-up examinations will be postponed.
– Physicians will be wearing masks and sanitizing their hands before and after examination of every patient.
– Staff who are currently ill, or have been recently ill, are not be allowed in the office.
Welcome to New England Retina Consultants where we strive to provide the most exceptional and compassionate care for our patients. Our physicians have distinguished professional credentials with expertise in diagnosing and treating the full range of vitreous and retina diseases.
New England Retina Consultants features three board-certified ophthalmologists offering world-class skill in the treatment of diseases of the retina, macula, and vitreous. Your vision is vital – that is why our physicians have received fellowship training in vitreo-retinal diseases and surgery.
Our physicians are:
- Medical doctors who graduated medical school at the top of the class
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Faculty members at Baystate Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine
- Experienced scientific investigators who have participated in many national clinical research trials
Our retina specialists utilize the most advanced medical and surgical therapies to give patients the best opportunity for maximizing and preserving their vision. Each patient receives the compassion deserved to accompany the skill of treating vitreoretinal diseases.
Our office is easily accessible right off Interstate 91 allowing travel from western Massachusetts, southern Vermont, eastern New York, and Connecticut. Our office offers the latest diagnostic and therapeutic services available.